Duluth Bikes Board of Directors
April 13, 2017
- Call to order
Mariana Glitsos called to order the regular meeting of the Duluth Bikes Board of Directors at 5:30pm on April 13, 2017 at Toasty’s Downtown.
- Roll call
The following persons were present: Mariana Glitsos, Alyssa Lommel Shawna Mullen, Dick Haney, Ruurd Schoolderman Mike Casey, Morris Levy, Jenny Van Sickle & Michael Latsch
Absent: Jon Loye, Tara Gallagher
Also in attendance: Ben Garland
- Approval of minutes from last meeting
The minutes were approved as read.
- General + Committee Updates
- Membership: 17 individual; 12 households
BBW added a few business membership via sponsorship
For those looking to renew their membership to Bike MN, we recommend go through Duluth Bikes link to ensure local chapter percentage
- People for bikes provided $1,000 to host Draft event next month
- Committees are reminded/asked to take notes/minutes that can be published to promote increased transparency, information and inclusiveness.
- Bike MN’s annual meeting/award ceremony is in Minneapolis April 29th; the primary topic is equity. Shawna Mullen is attending. Healthy Duluth has also secured approx. 250 Bike MN handbooks that cover the respective MN laws, trail etiquette, rider responsibilities etc. This handbook is also avail as a PDF online.
- Fergus Falls is officially Bike MN’s 3rd Chapter
Please be sure to share/invite Bus Bike Walk events
Volunteers are needed June 25 approx 1-5 for Neighborhood Youth Services bike rodeo. More info can be found on this in Google docs.
Ruurd: met with City engineer Cindy Voight, will follow up regarding opportunity to collaborate on future projects
- 4th Street: extend bike plan during resurfacing
- Scholastica: an intersection is being reconfigured
- Request accident report from that area
Discussion around the conflict of voice between Mayor’s office, city planning & city council around the conversation of who is a barrier and who is a supporter of improved active transportation policy and implementation. Affirmed the need for organizing a comprehensive round table of with representation of each of the parties listed above.
Michael Latch: Two Wheel Deal business list has been updated.
Shawna: has a student with graphic design capabilities could potential redesign TWD look.
Wednesday April 19th: All TWD businesses need to be confirmed
- New business
- Ruurd & Mike Casey are working with students to develop an app; demo should be potentially available next week.
- Should DB Board screen and endorse candidates/incumbents for elected office?
- Identified the need to encourage BPAC involvement from community
Mariana Glitsos adjourned the meeting at 7:00pm.
Minutes submitted by: Jenny Van Sickle
Minutes approved: Scheduled Board of Directors 5-4-17